Identity Narrative: Helper
I love your identity narrative paper because it is really
meaningful. The title really matches the whole point of your paper. The part where
you and your friend decided to volunteer at the hospital is a great idea
because I can tell you really want to work towards the field of nursing. Your
paper is wonderful but maybe elaborating a little more on why you want to work
with patients and how it influences your identity can help some readers
understand more about your awesome idea on your paper. I had the exact
experience as you. On my junior year of high school, I decided to look for a
job because it is almost summer. However, I could not get a job because many
stores were not hiring, so I decided to volunteer at Kaiser. I remember I had to go through the same
process you did like filling out forms, taking our shots, getting
recommendations, and going to the meeting. This was a super long process and
after that, they said they would call us to see if we got in. Apparently they
randomly choose people to get in and I was not one of those lucky ones.
The identity narrative paper you wrote was really touching
and great. The paper you wrote literally made me cry. I love how you talked
about your whole experience in china, from the plane ride all the way to the
point where you reached China. I realized that you mentioned how you learned to
be more appreciative on the things you have now, and I was so amazed by this
because for my paper I put that as how it influenced my identity. In the paper,
you mentioned about how you appreciate what you have now, does it mean you
never appreciate what you had before? Why? I can really relate to your paper
because I had the same feeling when I went to China last summer. I saw many
beggars on the street and I felt bad because I was going out to eat with my
family while they had to stay in the hot weather with nothing to eat or drink. I asked my dad and mom for
money because I want to give it to the beggars but my parents said that it is
not safe to take out your wallets in the streets where it is crowded. I wish I could of gave them money because I
really want to help them.
- Robyn
Narrative identity; Margot
ReplyDeleteThe identity narrative you posted was very interesting.I also love your adorable picture.I love how you mentioned about your childhood experience. This reminds me of my childhood where i begged my parents for a birthday party. My parents never liked the idea of inviting a bunch of kids over to our house. They said it was a lot of work.For my birthday, i usually would just celebrate it with my parents at night. They would just buy me a Chinese fruit cake and that would be our way of celebrating.For your identity narrative, i was just wondering how did this influence your identity? I really like to know more about your experience because it is interesting.